1. Basic principles of Cell injury and Adaptation
2. Basic mechanism involved in the process of inflammation and repair
1. Cardiovascular System
2. Respiratory system
3. Renal system
1. Haematological Diseases
2. Endocrine system
3. Nervous system
4. Gastrointestinal system
1. Inflammatory bowel diseases, jaundice, hepatitis (A,B,C,D,E,F) alcoholic liver disease
2. Disease of bones and joints
1. Infectious diseases
2. Sexually transmitted diseases
• Basic principles of Cell injury and Adaptation:
Introduction, definitions, Homeostasis, Components and Types of Feedback systems,
Causes of cellular injury,Pathogenesis (Cell membrane damage, Mitochondrial damage, Ribosome damage, Nuclear damage),Morphology of cell injury – Adaptive changes (Atrophy, Hypertrophy, hyperplasia, Metaplasia, Dysplasia),Cell swelling, Intra cellular accumulation, Calcification, Enzyme leakage and Cell Death Acidosis &Alkalosis, Electrolyte imbalance.
• Basic mechanism involved in the process of inflammation and repair:
Introduction, Clinical signs of inflammation, Different types of Inflammation, Mechanism of Inflammation – Alteration in vascular permeability and blood flow, migration of WBC’s, Mediators of inflammation, Basic principles of wound healing in the skin, Pathophysiology of Atherosclerosis
• Cardiovascular System: Hypertension, congestive heart failure, ischemic heart disease (angina, myocardial infarction, atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis)
• Respiratory system: Asthma, Chronic obstructive airways diseases.
• Renal system: Acute and chronicrenal failure
• Haematological Diseases: Iron deficiency, megaloblastic anemia (Vit B12 and folic acid), sickle cell anemia, thalasemia, hereditary acquired anemia, hemophilia
• Endocrine system: Diabetes, thyroid diseases, disorders of sex hormones
• Nervous system: Epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, psychiatric disorders: depression, schizophrenia and Alzheimer’s disease.
• Gastrointestinal system: Peptic Ulcer
• Inflammatory bowel diseases, jaundice, hepatitis (A,B,C,D,E,F) alcoholic liver disease.
• Disease of bones and joints: Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis and gout
• Cancer: Classification, etiology and pathogenesis of cancer
• Infectious diseases: Meningitis,Typhoid, Leprosy,Tuberculosis, Urinary tract infections
• Sexually transmitted diseases:AIDS, Syphilis, Gonorrhea